The Shape of Water was the big winner at the 90th Annual Oscars last night, taking home four gold statues. It nabbed Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Score and Best Production Design. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri also took home two awards: Best Actress for Frances McDormand and Best Supporting Actor for Sam Rockwell. I, Tonya star Allison Janney won Best Supporting Actress and Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman was named Best Actor. While fan favorite Get Out didn’t win the top prize, its director Jordan Peele did win the Oscar for Original Screenplay. Former NBA star Kobe Bryant also won his first Oscar for the animated short Dear Basketball.
Former Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin joined Twitter last month and announced his arrival by inexplicably tweeting, “Devon Sawa.” He decided to continue his wacky streak on the platform Sunday night by live-tweeting during the Oscars. Here are 10 of his most amusing tweets:
- Actually, the best original score of the year was New England 33 – Philadelphia 41.
- Water takes the shape of whatever container it is in, this entire movie is horse s**t.
- I’m bummed this is the FOURTH year in a row I was left out of the In Memoriam.
- EXCLUSIVE: I heard Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein were going to come disguised as a very tall man in a long trench coat but they got busted by security.
- What CAN’T Jennifer Lawrence do? Return my calls for starters…
- Ladybird is my favorite episode of Roseanne since Laurie Metcalf smoked a joint in the bathtub.
- Favorite babies of the year: Boss Baby, Baby Driver, Lindbergh Baby, Gerber Baby.
- Casey Affleck couldn’t make it cause he was stuck in the 1950’s.
- Best Cinematography: 37 years in film and I’m still not sure what a “cinematography” is.
- PREDICTION: Best Short Film: I firmly believe that Taylor Swift’s “Negative Space” will take this one.
*photo from behindwoods.com